On Monday, Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann accomplished a feat not seen from a politician since the days of J. Danforth Quayle – the rare double gaffe!
“Someone told me that last year that North Dakota was the only nation that actually was running a (budget) surplus. And it’s because they’re utilizing their natural energy resources,” Bachmann said.
FACT CHECK! North Dakota is not an independent nation, though it did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once
FACT CHECK! In reality, three other nations states populated by pasty white folk (Montana, Arkansas and Alaska) also had budget surpluses in 2010
This all makes me wonder – what crazy gaffe will she make next? Below are the 10 most likely possibilities.
10. Confuses John Wayne with John Wayne Bobbitt
9. Wears white nylons after Labor Day
8. Claims dinosaurs went extinct because they all became gay
7. “If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it’s good enough for every child in America to speak.”
6. Casts doubt on the authenticity of President Obama’s third grade “B-” in penmanship
5. Says her favorite member of the Beatles is Bingo
4. “I will give Americans the happy ending Mr. Obama has been unable to deliver.”
3. States the US’s GDP was $14.2 trillion when it’s actually $14.5 trillion
2. Refers to African Americans as “people of coloreds”
1. Claims HPV vaccines can cause young girls to become “crazy-eyed”